Today Zach is 5 months old!


Today is Zach's 5 month old birthday. Last night Matt discovered that our little man just got in his first tooth. We were both so excited that we called our parents immediately to share the news. We even tried to take a close up picture of the itty bitty tooth poking up through the surface of his gums but he was much too squirmy to get a decent shot. After this milestone discovery I started thinking about all the neat things we have witnessed so far in his 5 months. As a continuation of our Thanksgiving I'd like to share some of the amazing things I'm thankful for that our dear Zachary shares with us on a daily basis.

  • I'm thankful that he is contantly smiling and laughing. The first thing we see when we get him out of his crib in the morning is a huge ear to ear grin. He giggles at the silliest things and Daddy can really get him going with some HUGE belly laughs.
  • I'm thankful that he is starting to blow raspberries (Mommy likes to call them strawberries).
  • I'm thankful that he tries to suck his thumb while he's drinking his bottle. It's so cute watching him try to get the best of both worlds.
  • I'm thankful that he is starting to hold his hands up when we approach him as if asking, "pick me up, pick me up."
  • I'm thankful that he likes to lean towards things he wants - even people - because it lets us know that he knows us.
  • I'm thankful for his cute little bashful turn towards us if he encounters someone new.
  • I'm thankful that he knows how to put the pacifier back in his mouth.
  • I'm thankful that he is soooo close to rolling over by himself.
  • I'm thankful that he got his first tooth last night.
  • And I'm thankful for so much more that I can't possibly list it all....
I'm going to try to get a picture of that tooth again. I will keep you posted. Until later...

4 comments:

Haley Family said...

Yeah for the first tooth!!!!! In no time he will be losing them and getting visits from the Tooth Fairy.

Unknown said...

How exciting! Guess that is the best way to let you know that he has a tooth since he can't talk...just bite your finger!
Karen

Unknown said...

Sorry...I got my postings mixed up and put the tooth reply on the 5 month old spot....I am technologically challenged. Five months old...wow! And he is a cutie. Loved your list of thankfuls...but I bet if Zachary could talk, he would be most thankful for his mom and dad who are obviously crazy about him...Enjoy!
Karen

The Armstrong's said...

Aren't they growing so fast! You get so excited with every milestone, but then realize that it is all heppening way to fast! He is such a handsome young man, can't wait to meet him.