38 1/2 Weeks - 10 Days to Go!

We went to our weekly appointment today and found out that there is still no progress toward Zachary coming early. Oh well.
I am still not dilated at all yet and just a little bit effaced. He has dropped significantly however, and I am measuring about 34 cm (down from 36 cm last week). He still estimates Zach being about 6 1/2 lbs. and I have actually lost 2 lbs., which is totally normal near the end of pregnancy.
We also made the plan to induce labor on the 7th of July if he ends up being overdue. Since my due date is June 28th that would mean that he would have to be 9 days overdue before we induced. Honestly I think (I hope) he will come before then. Only God can tell. If we do have to induce on the 7th that would be good too because the number 7 is Matt and I's lucky number. We had our first date on the 7th of December, we got married on the 7th of May, and maybe, just maybe, Zach will be born on 07-07. What more can we ask for?
Until then....

1 comments:

The Armstrong's said...

I am so excited for you guys. Really try to rest up before Zach comes. Being a Mommy has really wore me out this first week. I had an idea but I didn't really know how little sleep I would be getting. I can't wait to hear about your little man's arrival. Good Luck and enjoy!